Mommy as Teacher

I've been home sick these last TWO days!  It's so frustrating!  I did sneak in my classroom at 6:30am Monday to make sure the leprechaun visited and make sure plans were in order.

Can you believe I had over a 100 degree fever Saturday, Sunday, and Monday?  Today I woke up drenched (luckily no fever) with a straggling sore throat that will not go away.  Luckily my husband was off and he took care of our soon to be one year old sweetie pie.

I slept and I slept and I slept.  I forgot what that felt like because it's been so long!  In the moments that I wasn't sleeping, when my teeth were chattering, I looked up ideas for my baby's first birthday.  It is sneaking up so quickly.

I feel so guilty that I wasn't grading papers!!!  It's so hard to find balance now that I am a mom.  I feel guilty when I am doing school work because I want to give my daughter 100% and I feel guilty when I am doing mommy jobs because I feel my other babies need 100%.

I can only do what I can do...I suppose...

It looks like her birthday will be at our house with a baby Minnie Mouse theme.  I wanted to do it at a community center because there are no pets and there is a park for the other kids to play at...but they cost the same as some party places.  I guess it makes sense with it being her first birthday to be in a place where she feels comfortable.  It looks like Spring Break next week will be Spring clean, clean, clean.

I need to do that in my classroom too...

How to find balance???  Any suggestions?  Any suggestions on first birthdays?


2 comments:

  1. I know this doesn't help... but good luck finding balance :) If you figure it out, bottle it and sell it! My son is 5, I've been teaching for 10 years. I feel like I'm always robbing one or the other of my time.

    Make sure you take good care of yourself so you can carry on. All the babies miss you when you are sick!

    Take lots of pictures on the First Birthday! Make sure you hand your camera over to someone else too so you can be in lots of the pictures. I hate having my picture taken, but I wish I had more of me and my son when he was a baby.

    My Kinder-Garden

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your thoughtful comment. I appreciate your advice about handing the camera over to someone else. I already wish I was in more pictures with her (I'm the one always taking the pictures.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comments! I appreciate helpful and productive feedback. Kindness counts!

Join Me in Spreading Literacy

Join me in an effort to spread literacy by posting pictures of your pets, cute animals, or natural backgrounds with the word “Read” written ...